I’ve spent about half an hour trying to finish of a post I started months ago basically saying this:
- Web designers make stupid designs that you can’t actually implement in a web page
- Clients can’t make up there bloody minds
- Account managers don’t have a clue how a website works, and should have a technical background
- The fact that I know how to build a website, is the reason why I should tell the designer how to design site, I should tell the client what they want, and why the account managers should be fired
The point I’m trying to make, is I’m not a web designer, I’m not a web programmer, I’m not a web admin, I’m a Web Developer.
I develop things for the World Wide Web, and distribute them on the Internet, starting from an idea, through a design, then the implementation and finally the launch, and then I maintain it once it’s launched.
If other people want to help where they can then fine, but just because I get left with all the coding, doesn’t mean I can’t do the rest… it just means other people can’t do my part.
And that’s the first thing crossed off the list of things I need to do, finish that post.
Now here’s a list of other things I need to do:
- Design, Build, Launch and Maintain 8 websties (I’m not going to tell you the names! You might try and steal them!)
- Add something to The Strip
- Finish writing my novel
- Upgrade my PC
- Build my media center PC
- Sell a whole load of stuff on Ebay, including all the left over parts of the 4 pcs I’m using to build my media center PC
- Get my mouldy guitar amps clean and play on them
- Buy a drum kit
- Put up some shelves
- Teach Holly how to play poker
- Fix my rear bike wheel
- Put up some pictures
- Complete GoldenEye (Wii), then start the 8 video games I’ve got wrapped in celophane
- Watch the 6 DVDs I got for Christmas
- Have a shower
- Do the washing up
- Put away the clean washing
I reckon potentially, I can get through 4 of those things today, but chances are I wont. I’ll just get distracted, eat chocolate and play on the Wii, whilst smelling.