a few things I have done or currently do
- I have a 1st Degree Blackbelt in Taekwondo
- Used to White Water kayak and play Canoe Polo
- 15,000 ft tandem skydive
- Am learning to play the guitar.
I am lucky enough to be married and have 3 kids and I love doing DIY on our house.
I’m not on Facebook or LinkedIn but you can tweet me @willshawmedia
Probably due to my over active imagination, I am constantly thinking of new ideas that I never get to finish.
Star Wars, LEGO, Foo Fighters are all great.
I make things that work on the Internet, mostly websites but also APIs and Native and Hybrid smartphone apps, as well as doing all the other stuff that comes with them (database, version control, testing, monitoring)
I’ve worked for Carmen Data Ltd in Bristol for over 10 years, with a year break in the middle with the startup Get Socialite Ltd.
Until recently I also worked as a sole trader for a number of different clients, making websites, iOS apps and working with proprietary CMSs (wordpress and opencart mostly)
People and hardware relating to the fields I work with are systems I inevitably have to deal with – upgrading RAM, code reviews and “finding google” for confused relatives all come with the territory.
Tech I currently work with/use
- Vscode (I’ve given in and switched from Sublime Text 3… almost, mostly)
- Centos and Ubuntu
- Git and Github
- Navicat, HeidiSql
- VueJS + VueX
Other tech I’ve used in the past:
- Objective-C (Native iPhone development and Phonegap plugin development)
- Java (University projects and Android Phonegap plugin development)
- Parse (before it was https://parseplatform.org/)
- Dreamweaver, Eclipse, ColdFusion Builder
- Most of the Adobe Creative Suite, Audacity, Gimp, Inkscape, HitFilm
I’ve spent some time trimming some weight from my online profile.
I’m not on Facebook or Linkedin because they don’t leave me alone (too many interesting suggested videos and recruitment spammers)
Github and Stack Overflow profile links are available in the nav for this site. You can have a look at what I’m up to and what I’ve done in the past on there.
When not playing with computers or other tech folk, I do the following
- Play guitar
- Build LEGO